Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear God,

i'm starting to realize the reason why i can't sleep
it's because there's too much going on and the only place
i can let it all out is in my head. all these worries.
confusion, and let's not forget the anxiety.
Yes. it's true.
i try so hard to believe that all this has meaning to it.
that because of certain events happening there's a reason for it all.
i'm drained. simply dried out. i know thats the worst thing i can possibly
be right now and that i'm not making things any easier for myself.
i know your there. next to me. whispering to me that everything will be fine.
i just can't seem to let go, to sit next to you and simply let go.
to let all these tears that i've with held and just give them to you.
so that you can take all those tears put them in a jar, and toss it as far away
into the unknown as possible. so that you can make me new.
i know it's taken me a while.
but God i'm letting go
starting with this letter-
a letter filled with my drainage.
i will no longer feel this unusual dizziness of being lonely
the fact of the matter is i'm simply not. i have everyone i need.
(he) has a way of playing with my feelings. of confusing me.
but now that i've caught him, things will be different.
i rely only on you God. it's taken me quite some time.
but time is what sets us free. it gives us time to reflect.
to change
to grow
to show the people around us how much we truly care.
even if its just with the little things.
thanks for giving me time.

love, whit.

1 comment:

  1. A deep prayer- so much truth and meaning- so much honesty. This is the prayer God desires of His children. I'm praying with you!!

    ReplyDelete