Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Naked Tree

Remember when we were kids
the time we sunk our feet in the mud
I do, it still gives me chills
remember when we were teens
we carved our initials on the old pine tree
I do, it gives me a warm feeling
remember when we were adults
I couldn't cook, you couldn't clean
I do, it was different
remember when we grew old
We promised we’d grow more in love each second.
Life changed me, this so called love you speak of
never happened, I don’t remember it
when I was a kid I played with an imaginary friend named boo
I sat alone and weak by an old naked tree
I cooked food I found on the streets and in trash cans
I washed my sleeping bag when it rained, or down by the lake
I don't remember much before all this became my life
because remembering only makes things worst; it freezes my mind.
Losing myself in the question repeated in my mind over and over again
Who was I, was I someone nice?
I guess not, if I’m laying here in the streets
Was I someone worthy of having loved one’s?
My only companion now is an old steeping bag, and a rusted cart
so what do I do;
I create myself this world, a world where everything someday will be good again.

2 comments: